Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Laughed, I Cried, I Gave it Two Thumbs Up.

Hello, friends.

I just finished the second book in Marta's Legacy, by Francine Rivers.  You must read these books.  They are beautiful...touching...maddening...uplifting. 

I've decided Rivers must have had some issues with her mom, or maybe it's the ones between her mother and grandmother, as she implies at the end of the books.  Either way, you see women - through multiple generations - being strong and making mistakes as they go through life.  It made me think about how, if I become a mother someday, I would want to treat my child. 

They were books that got inside my mind and brought themselves up when I had a few silent minutes to contemplate what the characters should do or how they must feel!  Go to your library's site right now and request Her Mother's Hope, the first one; you won't be sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment